- With warmer weather, watch out for people walking and bicycling.
By law, bicycles on the roadway are vehicles with the same rights and responsibilities as motorized vehicles. Yield to bicyclists as you would motorists and do not underestimate their speed. This will help avoid turning in front of a bicyclist traveling on the road or sidewalk, often at an intersection or driveway.
- Sec. 8-1-5 Regulation of Length of Lawn and Grasses.
Public Nuisance Declared. The Town Board finds that lawns, grasses and noxious weeds on non-agricultural/conservancy lots or parcels of land, as classified under the Zoning Code, governing the Town, within the Town of Waukesha which exceed twelve (12) inches in length adversely affect the public health and safety of the public in that they tend to emit pollen and other discomforting bits of plants, constitute a fire hazard and a safety hazard in that debris can be hidden in the grass, interferes with the public convenience and adversely affects property values of other land within the Town. For that reason, any nonagricultural lawn, grass or weed on a lot or other parcel of land which exceeds twelve (12) inches in length is hereby declared to be a public nuisance, except for property located in a designated floodplain area and/or wetland area.
- Blowing of grass clippings into the road is not allowed per Town Ordinance
Sec. 6-3-10 Unlawful Dumping on Streets.
- Bulky item collection pickup is on the fourth week of every month. Included items are: carpeting, large metal, appliances, and extra garbage in cans or bags, Car batteries, tires (two per collection, drain oil. No construction or remodeling materials. There is charge for refrigerators and TV. Please call Advance disposal at 262-367-6040.
- Prepare ahead for the August 14th election if you are planning a vacation. You can register to vote or apply for an absentee ballot to be sent to your home before you leave. Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
- Recycling Landscape plastics can not be done curbside. Residents should not place used plastic growing pots, plant trays and plan containers into their curbside recycling. You are invited to drop these landscape items off at a local garden center for recycling.
- Red address flags you may have noticed around town can be purchased directly from Lang Enterprises (800) 242-3126 for $53.80 after June 18, 2018. Before June 18th the flags can be ordered at the town hall for $31.58.
- A permit is required to use Fireworks in the Town.